5.14.2012

Scruffy beards and Radiohead

Once upon a time (that time being 3 months ago) I met a tall man with a big scruffy beard and a puffy jacket. Within the first five minutes of our meeting I was captivated. He was unlike an person I had ever met. Alex didnt care what others thought of him, and he wasnt afraid to be honest with anyone. Instantly I knew we would be friends for a long time.










Turns out I was correct, in a way. I started spending more and more time with him and all his friends. (I also started dating his sexy best friend. :)) So I had the privilege of getting to know Alex rather well. I knew that he had terminal cancer, but it never seemed like it. At least to me. We went climbing, hiking and to me, he was normal. The cancer was just something we joked about. It never seemed like a reality. Now it's becoming very real and I don't know how to react. My heart hurts and I don't want to lose such an incredible friend. I have had many long talks with him and it amazes me how accepting he is and how strong he's maintained for at least as long as I've known him.


So thank you Alex, for being my excusive boyfriend just in case anyone ever tried to mess, and for sharing the apple beer ;) I'm so blessed to have known you for even just a short period of time. I'm going to miss you friend.

Yours truly,
Breggle

1 comment:

  1. This is sweet Bekkah. I will certainly think of Alex today and remember hm in my prayers. Friends like him are rare and I hope you both have many more great times together!

    ReplyDelete